What are Security Hacking Teams for?
Updated: Jul 17
Protecting digital material from unauthorized entry, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction is known as information security (infosec).
Infosec has become a crucial component of both personal and corporate security in the current digital era, where data breaches and cyber attacks are becoming more frequent.
This blog post will explain what information security is, what a security hacking team is, why it's crucial, and how a team of experts in security can help you to safeguard your company's and customers’ information.
What is Infosec?
Infosec is the practice of protecting digital information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
It includes a range of activities, such as identifying and assessing risks, implementing security measures, monitoring for threats, and responding to incidents.
Infosec covers a wide range of digital assets, including data, networks, systems, devices, and applications.
Why is Infosec important?
Infosec is crucial for a number of factors.
First and foremost, it aids in preventing unauthorized access to confidential information, which can result in identity theft, financial fraud, and other cybercrimes.
Informattion security can also aid in preventing the loss or alteration of important data, which can have detrimental effects on both people and businesses.
The integrity and availability of digital systems and networks can also be maintained by infosec, guaranteeing that they can continue to operate as intended.
What is a security hacking team?
Security Hacking teams are responsible for helping the developers to create software secure from cyber attacks.
They work to ensure that the information and technology systems of a company are secure from the moment when the code is written.
That is called Continous Security Assessment; in this service, the security Hacking team will make sure that any step in the software development life cycle is secure.
What does a Security Hacking Team do?
- The security Hacking teams will perform the Risk Analysis of the Initial Requirements Specs for creating and developing your software.
- The Team will help to write better and safer code by doing Secure Code Review.
- The security Hacking Team will review every Input Field of your Software by Applying Dynamic Security Testing.
- The security hacking team will make sure that the software components used are free from vulnerabilities, licensing issues, or other potential risks by doing Software Composition Analysis (SCA) and Selection.
The security hacking team will become important, especially in these moments:
1. Conceptualizing a secure product idea: The Security hacking leader will help the Product Owner and the ideation team (Tech leader and UX leader) to develop a secure product from the very beginning.
2. Secure review of the UI/UX work: Once the UI/UX team has made the mocks, wireframes, and functional requirements, the Security Hacking Team will make a secure review to identify any security issue derived from this stage.
3. Review of the Architecture: The Tech Lead presents the software architecture to the Security Hacking Team in order to identify any security issues before the software is developed.
4. Checking of the Pool Request: Before the software goes through the QA Assessment, the Security Hacker Team will check the PRs in order to detect security issues in the code.
5. DAST: With Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), our team will review the software in staging and production environments.
Why is it important to make Code review?
1. Helps mitigate the number of delivered defects in code and reduces bugs and vulnerabilities.
2. Improve consistency and maintainability.
3. Improve ROI by making processes more efficient and more secure.
4. It’s a proven method to find easter eggs and logic bombs.
5. Improves knowledge and productivity of the development team.
6. Decrease the time developers spend fixing late-stage defects
Who is the Security Hacking Team service for?
The Security Hacking Team Service of Code Branch is for all the companies that develop software.
Our service can help the development of banking, fintech, education, healthcare, transport, and gaming, among others. Nobody should develop software with vulnerabilities
Conducting continuous security Assessments is crucial to protect digital material from unauthorized entry, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
One excellent way of doing the infosec practices in the companies is hiring a Security Hacking Team to help make good decisions at every step in software development.